Find out the multiple uses of Serious Games, at the War College in Paris on December 3rd, 2018.
Serious Games Network will hold the first professional gathering about wargaming and serious games for Defence, civil and research uses in France.
This free event will bring together military, civil and academic professionals using Serious Games to share their ideas and experience. Debates with our wide range of speakers will give you a better understanding of theses tools.
Designers and users of theses games can take this opportunity to expand their network and share ideas.
Find out more about Serious Games through practice. Experiment by yourself a wide range of Serious Games on many subjects, from security and crisis management to business strategy.
Who can attend ?
Anyone interested by the professionals and educative uses of Wargaming. Scholars, military’s and public institutions, associations and private firms willing to learn more about Serious Games are welcome.
Pr. Philip SABIN (King’s College), Maj Tom MOUAT MBE (Defense Academy), Dr. Sara ULRICH (Deloitte), Pierre RAZOUX (IRSEM), COL Sébastien de PEYERET (CDEC), COL de Lajudie, Eric JACOPIN (ESM Saint-Cyr), CBA Guillaume Levasseur…
08 :30 / Reception
09:30 / Introduction: IHEDN (TBA)
09:45 / Wargaming and Serious Games: Philip Sabin (King’s College London), Pierre Razoux (IRSEM), Col Christophe de Lajudie (French Army), Patrick Ruestchmann (SGN-FR).
11:00 / What to gain for my organisation? PhD Sara Ulrich (Deloitte), Tom Mouat (UK Defense Academy), TBA, TBA
12:00 / Lunch *
13:00 / Thematic Workshops with game sessions (you may choose 2)
- Designing Games: David Delbarre (teacher, ScPo Lille), Philippe Hardy (Bleu Horizon Conseil),
- Cyber Security: CBA Guillaume Levasseur (French Army), ISE Systems
- Educational and training: Eric Jacopin (ESM St-Cyr), COL Sébastien de Peyret (French Army), COL Christophe Maresca (Gendarmerie)
- Business uses / civil defense : Pr Sophie Cros, Paris School of Business (TBA)
- Humanitarian, Health, Civil Defense : Pr Sophie Cros, Russel King
- Historical gaming : Antoine Bourguilleau (Sorbonne), Dominique Guillemin (Min of Armies)
17:00 / 30 minutes break
17:15 / Hackathon outcome and feedbacks – Prospects for strategic thinking – Open questions : Tom Mouat, La Croix Rouge, Eric Jacopin, Philip Sabin, TBA
18:30 / Closing speech (TBA)